Friday 1 March 2019

This week I'm loving.....

Dishcloths


I had planned to start on at least one of my stash projects of course but realised that a few of my dishcloths were looking very tatty.  New ones it is, although I've only had the chance to get one completed so far.




Midweek baking


When a bit of a sweet treat is needed midweek, nothing beats my 3 minute microwave chocolate slice.  Quick and easy and the perfect sweet snack.  Miss R doesn't agree though as my girl hates chocolate.

(I posted the recipe for this a few years ago and you'll find it here if you want to give it a go).




Lychees


The last lychees from the farm which a relative dropped in for us a couple of weeks ago.  There's about 10 kilograms worth which we've made a decent amount of progress going through.  Well Miss R and hubby have because those two LOVE lychees.

If you're ever lucky enough to have a glut of lychees like us then I'll give you a tip and say that they freeze well.  Peel them first and pop them in the freezer and they're still beautiful.  

Hubby's aunt loves them in her wine to keep it cool during our hot summers.  I haven't tried that yet as I think sweet lychees might clash with a dry chardonnay!



Fun with my boy

Snatching time here and there for some fun UNO time.  I think we're pretty even in the head to head count at this stage although I think my boy may be slightly ahead.  :)



Reading

I love books and used to read regularly but unfortunately that, like my crochet, got shelved (excuse the pun) in recent years.

I'm going through my bookshelf reading old favourites and starting on a few novels recommended or read by some of my blog friends out there.

I love being able to download a book and read it straight away, especially at 2 or 3am when you're having trouble sleeping!




Hubby's away working this weekend and Master M's having a sleepover so it will be my girl and I for a night which we're both looking forward to.

xx Susan

3 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I've never had a Lychee but I should find one to try. Have fun on your girl's night. I'm off of reading right now.. my last downloaded book was so boring in the first 10 pages that I've lost my reading mojo. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jane said...

What a nice week :) I hate those nights where you can't sleep and lie awake for hours. I've had 3 on the trot due to having a cold GRRRR. Enjoy your girl's night. Best, Jane x

Billie Jo said...

Fellow reader here!
Enjoy your weekend!