Friday 22 March 2019

This week I'm loving....

Time with my girl

The boys are away (lovely hubby at work and Master M on school camp).

That means time with just my girl and I.  I'm amazed at how quiet it is in the house (and she's often my noisy one).  I've also had a day when I didn't have to throw a load of washing in the machine which was really strange and I felt a bit lost for a minute to tell the truth.

We've had quiet time, snuggly time and movie time...on a school night...staying up late.  It was fun.




New Projects


I don't have a pattern for my latest project.  I just picked some yarn leftover from my last project and started working on a half formed idea the other evening.

It was sort of what I wanted but not quite working out.



So I frogged it (quite a few times) and it has started to come together.  Thank goodness I'm writing down what I'm doing as I go.




I then looked over at my stash basket and realised that I had some yarn that would probably work up nicely in this pattern so I started that too of course.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one will look in the end.




Out for Breakfast

I don't often go out for breakfast.  It's a bit of an indulgent thing and most of the time I'm getting kids to school then walking the dog so it's mid-morning before I get the chance to do much.  

The other morning was dog bath day (I even got him out from under the house quite easily although a pocket full of treats may have been what did the trick!).  There's lots of muddy puddles where we walk right now and I wanted him to stay clean for one day at least so I took the opportunity to go out for breakfast after the school run.



I was also in desperate need to get out of the house as I don't often go anywhere except school and groceries half the time.  In fact, I usually only buy a coffee once or twice a month as I just don't want to go anywhere.

We have some great cafe's in our town, a few only a 5 minute walk from our house, but I really didn't want the noise and the bustle around me.  I needed somewhere quiet, where I could sit and write in my journal without interruptions and noise.

So I headed up the hill to the Mountain View Café at Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve.

It was such a beautiful morning and I'm so glad I decided to head up there.






I even took another selfie!  Two in one post!!  I rarely take them as I feel like a bit of an idiot but there's no other family photos of me so I decided I had better take some myself.




After a really yummy breaky and plenty of journal time, I wandered back to the car the long way.  This path isn't very long though, only about 100 metres.  

It meanders around the back of the picnic area, playground and car park and was just the perfect few minutes I needed to round out a wonderful start to my day.




Storms

It's still hot in these parts and I feel like I've been slow cooked over many months.  The storms we've had over the past week have helped cheer me up as I really, really, really LOVE storms.

Some of them have been rumbly and fizzled to not much but we had one pretty spectacular band of storms head through that lasted over two and a half hours.  It was pretty awesome.




The best thing about the storms is that they have been cooling things down a little after they have passed.  Usually everything heats up again and becomes so steamy you feel like you're walking around in a giant sauna.  Perhaps Autumn is finally on the way....bring it on!

I hope you're all having a wonderful week.

xx Susan


4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I am so happy to see those lovely selfies!
It is nice seeing your smiling face here!
I am so glad you are enjoying your days with your girl.
I know exactly what you mean about those days without putting a load of laundry in the machine! Lol
Thank you for sharing your beautiful land with us.
I always enjoy my visits. : )

Teresa Kasner said...

It's neat that you and your daughter got some special time together with the guys gone. You're both adorable. That coffee is the fanciest I've ever seen. Enjoy your weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Country Rabbit said...

awww! lovely its good to get some quality time with the kids at this age...those views of the landscape! oh my! so beautiful...i so wish i was better with crochet i must make myself learn more ;)x

Jane said...

I always enjoyed mum and daughter time with Donna. Time with the kids individually is always great. Kids need our undivided attention. Best, Jane x