Friday 8 March 2019

It's a wrap

Bad pun I know.  Sorry.

Wrap or shawl is the word around here at the moment though because that seems to be what I'm obsessed with making at the moment.

With the summer we've had that still seems to be dragging on and on with ridiculous humidity, a blanket was out of the question.  I'm also determined to work through my stash before I buy any more yarn and most of what I have seems to lend itself to a scarf or wrap of some sort.

The first wrap that I finished this week was my portable project that I started working on just after Christmas.  I wasn't in a rush to finish it and worked on it only when I was out and about somewhere.



It's a very simple mesh design made up of chains and treble crochet (UK terms) which was easy enough to work on without having to take a pattern with me or try to remember where I was up to when I started again.  It was basically pick up the hook and continue working.




I love the hint of sparkle through it and it will also work nicely as a scarf in the coming months.  (If it ever decides to cool down a bit).




The second project I finished this week was the Elise Shawl which is a free pattern on Ravelry.

I loved the lacy design of this one and it was a winner because I had enough yarn to make it.  In fact I was able to add a few extra rows and make it a little bigger so that I wouldn't have any leftover yarn.  I'm really glad I did that as I love the extra length on it.








I have also worked out what I'm going to do with the Stylecraft Special DK that I had leftover.  I did get a few lovely suggestions from people but couldn't find anything that felt right to me or that I had enough yarn for.

In the end I've decided to go with the Sunday Shawl by Alia Bland which I have the pattern for and have wanted to make for awhile.  

I'll have to be a bit creative with how I work the colours into the shawl as I don't have enough of one colour for the main section.  I'll mix them up a bit and show you the progress of it once I start.





I hope everyone has been having a fantastic week and are looking forward to a safe and wonderful weekend.

xx Susan




3 comments:

Angela Pitout said...

beautiful beautiful work!

Jane said...

I hope one day my crochet will be as good as yours. Those shawls are so beautiful and the colours. I'm still making Granny blankets. I've got into that simple stitch and love it, but I must try and use it to make something other than another blanket!! Best, Jane x

Teresa Kasner said...

Bravo on your two finished works.. I also made 2nd one you made, in fact two of them. One in red alpaca and silk and a second in off-white in all alpaca. Both are very cushy. I also made the Sunday Shawl and it's one of my favorites ever.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)