Tuesday 19 March 2019

Head in the Sand

...Or the crochet in this case.

I finished the Sunday Shawl (design by Alia Bland) this past weekend when I really didn't think I would get much crochet done at all.

I have to admit it's the perfect hobby when you want to ignore everything else around you and I think I excelled at it last week.




It was made purely from my stash of Stylecraft Special DK which I had no idea what to do with as they're not my usual colours.

I have to admit that I really do love how it's come together.






I used just 5 colours in all with the main body of the shawl in Parchment and Meadow.  For the border I've used Khaki, Camel and Grey as well as a row each of the Parchment and Meadow.




Since I ended up finishing it a lot quicker than I expected, I now have a bit of a dilemma as to what to make next.

Have a lovely week everyone.

xx Susan





4 comments:

Christina said...

A rather nice dilemma to have :-)
Love your shawl x

Teresa Kasner said...

Bravo on the gorgeous Sunday Shawl! I wore my pink one today, it's cotton and I love it for Spring and Summer. I'm making another SS but in a finer yarn/thread. Enjoy your next project with that yarn. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Country Rabbit said...

those beautiful yarns remind me so much of the landscape here near Dartmoor all the earthy tones, i love the greens especially. such a beautiful shawl, realy is so beautifully made ;) happy Spring days to you x

Manīṣh Diwākar (Seo Agra) said...

Myself Manish Diwakar from Agra. I am currently doing S E O service Agra, India. I am working on offline pages. Manīṣh Diwākar (Seo Agra)