Friday 18 January 2013

Sewing in 2013

I don't usually make new years resolutions, mainly because they're not usually that realistic and I never seem to stick with them so I tend not to bother with the whole process.
 
This year is a little different and over the first couple of weeks I let myself get a 'feel' for the year and decide on a few realistic goals for this year.
 
Sewing forms a big part of my goals and for a few reasons.
 
I want to learn to make clothes and make them well.  Not just slapping it all together and saying that it will do, I want something that I'm proud to wear, that fits well and know that I've taken the time in the construction to make it so.
 
 
 
 
My first attempt was the above tunic.  There's lots of things that need tweaking but it's comfortable and lovely hubby even made a nice comment on it (I was shocked!)
 
When I was out the other day I spent a lovely time browsing at Spotlight and ended up buying four new patterns.  They were half price so I'm thinking of going back to get a few more while the sale is still on.
 
 
 
I then spent the afternoon in my room tracing and cutting out patterns to size so that when I decide to make them, all I have to do is cut out the material basically as the patterns already sorted.
 
 
 
 Unfortunately I got a bit excited about getting in and making things so I now have 3 projects on the go.  One at a time Susan!
 
Today I intend to finish at least one of them and hopefully get another one partly done but that all depends on the kidlettes too.  (Hubby went back to work yesterday so it's just me and the cherubs again for awhile).
 
 
Another thing I'm working on lately is what to do with these......
 
 
 
 
 
They're scrap canvas that my sister has painted on and I'm going to cut them up and make them into something useful.  Keep watching this space!
 
Have a fanatastic weekend.
 
xx Susan

No comments: