Friday 28 June 2019

Random Friday

I've been feeling a little rushed today.

It's the last day of the school term and I've been zooming about trying to get some things done while it's just me and I don't have to worry about organising kids as well. 

 I'm half successful as I've found that I keep starting things then next moment I've got side-tracked doing something else and I'm not crossing much off my list at all.  Hence why I'm now writing this which wasn't on my 'to do' list but seemed more fun than scrubbing the toilet and paying some bills.

Not a lot has been happening here these last few days either.  Hubby went back to work yesterday so it's just the kidlettes and I until mid next week.

I've started a new project using some of the Rosabella Threads yarn I bought earlier in the year.  I LOVE working with this yarn as it's so soft and gorgeous and doesn't split.

I've got a bit of an idea of what I want the final piece to look like but I'm trying to work out what other colours I'll need to make it happen.  For now though I'll continue making the motif's in the Rose so I know how many I can get out of one skein.




Time to rush off again.  I have a meeting at the Primary school soon and then Master M will get an early mark on the last day of the term as I don't really feel like heading there again a few hours later.  

Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

xx Susan









2 comments:

My Creative Life said...

I always seem to be rushing here and there. Next week will be one of those weeks for me for sure.
Your crochet make looks intriguing, are you making a blanket I wonder?
I've not been making very much lately, after watching the Hugh & Anita programme - War on Waste BBC iplayer 3 episodes only, apart from reading for the bookclub, I wasted too much time on facebook. There's been a few new local groups starting in relation to the programme.
Also in blogland, I found I was constantly playing catch up with blog reading. I do enjoy reading blogs but with work, housework, shopping etc etc... I just don't have lots of time. For now I'm stepping back from fb 'again' lol. I'll try a more manageable approach online generally.
Take care, Cx

Teresa Kasner said...

I remember those days well.. I raised 3 children mostly on my own as my husband was a railroad engineer and gone a lot. My first daughter and son were born 15 months apart, then 3 years later our "baby" son was born. Just enjoy it because in a blink of an eye they will be gone off on their own and you will miss them. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)