Friday 14 June 2019

This week I'm loving.....

Crochet.... plenty of crochet!

I've finished another version of my Venetian Shawl.  This time I used a Scheepjes Whirl which has a lot more yardage than the pattern calls for so I made a few adjustments and am loving the Cherry Pie colours of this one. (adjustment notes are here).




I've been good in recent years to contain myself and have no more than two projects on the go at once.  I usually have a main project and then a portable project but right now I seem to have forgotten how to count as my basket has a few extras in it.

I've still got plenty of the cotton I bought when I was on my city jaunt back in April so decided to start making another bag while I was finishing off my shawl.



Then of course I started making another one in a different colour!




Then I started faffing about and began making another shawl!




Perhaps all these projects are a reflection of my scrambled mind at the moment.  I'll see how good I can be and try to pick just one project to work on over the weekend.



Strawberries

It's winter and that means sweet, juicy strawberries. Not that I'm getting to eat a lot of them as Miss R seems to be going through them at a rapid pace.




Spur of the moment picnic

Hubby and I are celebrating our 15th Wedding anniversary this month and thanks to my family who are looking after the kids, we get to have a couple of days to ourselves.  Of course there's been a bit of a drama surrounding it so we've had to change our plans but we've started it off with a spur of the moment picnic lunch on a gorgeous, warm winter's day.  




(and yes, I did say WARM winter's day as it was 27 Celsius [80.6F].  Perfect for a picnic!)


Yarn

More yarn.




I couldn't help myself.  It was on sale! :)

I hope you are all having a wonderful week wherever you reside on this little ball of ours.

xx Susan








4 comments:

Jules said...

The shawl is gorgeous, Susan. The shades of the yarn are beautiful. You've clearly been keeping yourself busy.
Recently we've been treating ourselves to Scottish strawberries, so sweet and delicious. I love it when they are in season.
A very Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. I hope you manage to enjoy the time you have for yourselves. X

My Creative Life said...

Congratulations to you and your husband Susan. I love the shades of your shawl, the pattern is pretty too. It seems amazing that people are hot in the winter, in the Uk we are only hot if the fire is roaring and the heating is on. My Brother and his family live in Victoria, which is warmer than here.
I seem to have a few too many projects on the go at the moment. I'm trying to get a few ticked off this week. All the best with your project basket, Cathy x

Billie Jo said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Beautiful projects!
I wish we lived closer, as I would love to have you teach me how to crochet. : )

Teresa Kasner said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *A*N*N*I*V*E*R*S*A*R*Y*!*!* to you both! I hope the drama didn't shorten your getaway. I really love how that top shawl is turning out! Have fun with all your projects.. I don't let it worry me if I put one aside to do another.. life is to short to worry about such things.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)