Sunday 2 June 2019

Naughty dog...

We were loving our usual walk the other morning after we had dropped the kids at school.  It's really cooling down here now so it was the perfect time to be walking without getting too hot.

When I turned to head back, I spied something in the distance and knew I was going to have a bit of a problem, especially as I don't generally take a lead with me as I prefer to have my arms firmly in their sockets and attached to my body.




Can you see them? (There are actually 2).

A couple of kangaroos were having a morning snack right beside the road and I kept trying to distract Patch while mentally pleading with the animals to stop gawking at us and hop away.





Eventually he caught their scent and saw them and then he was off with me screeching at him to come back.  Thank goodness they're faster and can hop off into the bush easier so he never catches them but I do dread it if one day he did.

You don't mess with kangaroos as they have sharp claws and can do some damage (I won't go into details).




Thank goodness he did come back fairly quickly this time and I have to say in recent years he has been pretty good and stays with me when I make him.  This time he obviously didn't so there was no treat when we got home.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

xx Susan

5 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm sure glad your dog did not catch up with the roos.. I know they can kick! That is one thing we don't have to worry about here! Just coyotes, skunks, bobcats, wolves and bears! LOL! Have a good week! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

My Creative Life said...

What a worry, in the UK there seems to be notices everywhere requiring dogs on leads. I don't have a dog but apart from worrying sheep and other dogs, at least we don't have kangaroos about. Glad your dog was ok. Cx

Jane said...

As Cathy said, we have to keep dogs on leads here in the UK, except in designated areas where they can run free. Fortunately the only wildlife we get here is squirrels, but our dogs were never chasers. Best, Jane :)

CJ said...

How exciting, the most we get here are squirrels and the occasional fox. Bertie would be beside himself if he saw a kangaroo, he can't even cope with cats. We were followed by some young cattle once and I had to alternate between dragging him along and him trying to sprint away from them. Glad there wasn't a confrontation for you. CJ xx

sewing green lady said...

What a lovely sight on your walk, it seems incredible to me here in the UK. We shout at our dogs if they chase a squirrel and they are usually good enough to come straight back. x