Tuesday 4 June 2019

Weekend scarf

I wanted a quick project to work on over the weekend that would use up a lonely ball of yarn that I had sitting on my shelves for years.

It was not quite a full 200g ball of 8ply wool from the Bendigo Woollen Mills that was leftover from another project and this particular yarn is no longer available.  The perfect thing to make with it was a scarf for myself as I knew it wasn't going to be long enough to give away or sell.





I seem to have a thing for a turquoise strand running through the things I'm making lately but that's okay as it's one of my favourite colours.




The timing for finishing this one off has also been perfect as we had a bit of a cold front come through last night and the westerly winds and cold weather has really hit this morning.

I put it on to take a photo and haven't taken it off yet!!




Have a great week everyone.  Mine hasn't started on the best of notes as we had a hospital visit with Master M last night.  All is okay thankfully but it could have been much worse which really hit home to me when we were in and out of emergency after having all kinds of tests in a little over 3 hours!  

That's pretty well unheard of and I have to thank my wonderful doctor for phoning the hospital and telling them we were on our way and speeding up the process.

He's home from school today and snuggled under the blankets (crocheted of course), and in a pretty happy mood otherwise.  That makes this Mum happy too.

xx Susan


3 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

My goodness.. it sounds like such a scare! I'm glad it all worked out. Your scarf turned out very nice.. the colors are very nice together. Take care of your little patient. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

My Creative Life said...

I'm partial to turquiose too, it's an uplifting colour. Lovely photo of you, hope you are keeping warm. Australia's weather made the news on the radio this morning. Ice, snow and rain upto the north, brrrh. Take care of you and yours, glad all is well with Master M. Cathy x

Jules said...

I do hope Master M is OK and will soon be on the road to recovery. He must have given you a bit of a scare.
Your scarf is lovely. Such gorgeous shades. X