Friday 31 May 2019

Our one and only family photo

This last week or so I've been slowly chipping away at the mind boggling amount of digital photos I have.  Not only on my computer but on old SD cards and USB's where I had stored some when my old computer started playing up.

It's nearly the kind of job that makes you want to give up just thinking about it but I keep telling myself if I just do at least 15 minutes a day then I'll start to see some progress.  I'm not sure if I'll pack it all in yet as some days I really couldn't be bothered but for now I'll slowly chug along.

The one thing I did find while going through things is this.....




It's the ONLY photo we have of me, lovely hubby, Miss R and Master M and was taken the day Master M was born.

All the other photos we have are mainly the kids, some of hubby and the kids and very few of me and the kids because I was usually the one taking them.

Master M is now 11 1/2 so I'm thinking it's time we tried to get at least one more decent photo of the four of us but I'm not sure how I'll go with that as hubby really doesn't like having his photo taken.

The other reason why I've put it on here is because I wanted a record of it somewhere other than USB's and SD discs as I've found a couple of SD discs that are unreadable.

I know a camera repairer that can also retrieve information off discs like this so I'm thinking of seeing if he's able to work his miracle for me as I know some of them were of the kids first few years.

It's the Maleny Show holiday here so the kids are off school for the day and lovely hubby headed back to work early this morning.  That means lots of home snuggling this weekend, some crochet for me, xbox and movies for the kids, maybe a small outing or two and perhaps some more photo sorting.

Enjoy the rest of your week and the coming weekend.

xx Susan

6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I love the picture!!!!!!
I know your pain with the dang digital photos!!!
It is such an overwhelming task.
Have a lovely weekend, my friend!

Teresa Kasner said...

Great photo, I do hope you can organize a new photo as you will be so glad you did it. Enjoy your family time.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

CJ said...

What a lovely picture. It's the same here - almost no photos of me at all. The same for many mums I think. But we were there! I hope some more can be recovered for you. CJ xx

Christina said...

What a lovely memory! Who knows, you might come across a few more family photos while you are sorting through your digital libraries. I have every single digital photo since 2000 in one place, my iCloud. It is super useful and we can see the photos on any device not just Apple products. What I am trying to say is that is totally worth all the effort to sort through all your photos. All of us spend hours just flicking through old memories whenever we get a bit bored. Unfortunately, most of our older photos are prints, but I have these in albums.

Not that many photos of me with the kids or Richard but plenty of silly selfies of just me...... have a lovely weekend xx

Jules said...

It's a lovely pholograph and I hope you find the opportunity to take some more of you all together. I don't have many photographs of myself either. X

My Creative Life said...

That's a lovely photo to keep and treasure. I need to sort through our photos one day too, Cathy x