Wednesday 22 January 2014

Snacks

I've been making a few extra snack food things lately, especially while the oven's on when cooking dinner.

I've made muffins which I then freeze.  Thirty seconds is all it takes in the microwave and you have a yummy apple and cinnamon muffin for breakfast.


I've also made some sausage rolls using Filo pastry. I've avoided using Filo pastry for years because the thought of it scared the hell out of me.  I have no idea why, especially after this morning.  It's so bloody easy to use, especially if you spray it with cooking spray rather than paint it with butter.



The sausage rolls are a hit with the kidlettes (and me), and most some will be frozen to quickly defrost for afternoon snacks.  The amount cooling on the rack seems to be dwindling quickly so I hope I do have some left to freeze.  


Master M keeps coming to find me to tell me they're 'DELICIOUS' so I have a feeling as to where they're disappearing!

xx Susan

No comments: