Monday 5 August 2019

Crochet update

Things have been pretty slow on the crochet front lately.  I'm making sure I do something every day as it's been helping me over the past few weeks when the kids have had a few struggles, but at times it all seems frustratingly slow.

I can happily say that I have finished my Tea Time Wrap.  In fact I finished it weeks ago during the first week of the school holidays but haven't got around to showing you yet.



It's a light wrap that's perfect for covering the shoulders and can easily be converted to wear as a scarf.  I've happily worn it both ways in the last couple of weeks.






For this particular version I used a Sheepjes Whirl in the colour Green Tea Tipple which I think has the perfect balance of neutrals and colour (for me anyway).




The only other thing I've been working on is another wrap (of course!) which is almost completed.





I hardly have to think while hooking away on this one which is a good thing as anything that requires lots of counting and concentration would be a bit beyond me right now.

So that's about it on the crafty front for the time being.  I did buy a heap of fabric the other day but it's still sitting in a pile on my sewing desk waiting for inspiration or for me just to shake off the apathy I'm experiencing now.

Hope you are all well.

xx Susan



7 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I really love the first shawl.. I like the second one too.. but I made a white shawl out of natural alpaca and hardly ever wear it. I think at heart I'm a color lover. I hope you perk up. I've done no crocheting as I've been too busy doing a ton of stuff for my sister's funeral, yesterday. I hope next week will be better. ((hugs)), Teresa

CJ said...

It's lovely, I really like the Sheepjes colour, it's nice to see what it looks like made up. Gorgeous textures as well. I wish I could master it! Perfect for these summer days. CJ xx

sewing green lady said...

I love the way the colours blend, very delicate. Well done. x

Sandy said...

They look lovely Suse. xx

Angela said...

Beautiful work!!

Betaught Driving School said...


Nice and creative writing. Thanks for share with. Keep writing like this.

thanks & regards

Graffiti - Enz

Meg said...

So very beautiful. The changing and deepending colours remind me of the sea when I look out from the cliffs on Nth Stradbroke Island. Meg:)