Tuesday 20 August 2019

The first thing I ever crocheted

Recently I mentioned that I was sorting through the thousands of photos I have.  Well thanks to a lovely readers suggestion, I have launched myself into the tech age and am currently uploading everything into a Cloud.

I'm loving knowing I'll have access to not only all of our photos but plenty of official documents, especially all of the kids medical, paediatric, occupational therapy, speech therapy etc reports.  They're all now (or nearly) in one file each that I can access on my computer, phone or tablet.

While sorting through the photos I did come across some very special ones.  They are of the very first thing I EVER crocheted.

It was a simple granny square made with really horrible acrylic yarn.  There wasn't much choice at one of the shops in town and all I really wanted to do was practice my new skill so it sufficed until I could buy some nicer stuff.




I also have a couple of photos of the very first time I picked up a crochet hook.  December 21st 2009 was the day and 12.46pm to be precise if you go by the time in the photo information.



I was at my sister's house chatting away and she had some crochet beside the lounge.  I picked it up and asked how you do it and the rest is history as they say.

She also took a couple of photos of the moment because we both found it so hilarious and thought we'd document this one and only time I'd probably crochet.  How little we knew at the time.




I called into one of my local shops on the way home to buy some yarn and a hook because all I wanted to do was practice my new found skill.  I loved it from the instant I picked up that hook and I now do some form of crochet most days.

So there you go.  My first ever time crocheting!

xx Susan

3 comments:

Jane said...

I only started crocheting last summer. It really is so addictive, I just wish I had more time to crochet! Best, Jane :)

Teresa Kasner said...

How fun to document your first crochet experience. I think you've really excelled at the craft.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

sewing green lady said...

What a lovely memory and it is fabulous that you are so good at it now with all your lovely shawls. x