Sunday 18 August 2019

This weekend I'm loving.....

Crochet

I finished the white shawl last week but have only just got around to taking a photo of it to show you.  



I've also been working on the table runner I started a week or so ago.  It may not look like I've done much but I ended up pulling the whole thing apart and started again, this time using a longer stitch than I was using before.  It's coming together a bit quicker now and we are friends again.




Reading

I re-joined my library recently and have been making up for lost time.  I hadn't visited for about a decade and was no longer on file so I've joined again and am now happily spending about half an hour each night reading a chapter or two.  Although if it's a book I'm really enjoying then that time can stretch out quite a bit!

I'm reading books I would never have thought about borrowing before and have decided that if I'm not enjoying it, I don't have to finish it.  Giving myself permission to do that has opened up a whole new world to me.

The best thing is, it's a nice 5 to 10 minute walk to get to the library so I'm enjoying my little outings.

Keep up your recommendations on your blogs my friends as I'm looking up any that interest me and putting a hold on them. 



Eggs

We seem to go through plenty of eggs in this house.  Luckily there's a poultry farm right next to the primary school so I can call in and get a tray (2 1/2 dozen) when I do the school run.

We often have quiches or omelettes and Master M's favourite breakfast is an egg on toast.  When I buy a tray I usually boil some up once I get home and keep them in a bowl in the fridge.  The kids love them for a snack and they're also great with a salad for lunch so we certainly plough through them.

So this weekend we have a bowl of boiled eggs waiting for snacks and plans to make mini quiches to freeze for school lunches.




Sleepovers

I have no photos of this although Master M had a night at my sister's with his best mate and cousin Master R.  They were apparently very excited and quite noisy (usual when they're together) but had a wonderful time.

Miss R and I had a quiet girls night at home since hubby is away at work and we certainly loved the peace!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend too.

xx Susan

3 comments:

Jules said...

The shawl is beautiful Susan, and your table runner is coming along well. I feel the need to do something creative now.
I've been using a lot of eggs myself recently. I've been having them boiled or poached for my breakfast and even enjoyed a delicious Spanish omelette for dinner the other evening. X

Teresa Kasner said...

Great job on the shawl, you'll have to model it for us. I'm glad you had a good weekend, it's always nice when one child gets to sleep over somewhere else, and it's quieter at home. We're taking our two grandsons to the beach tomorrow.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Let's Get Sewing said...

Your shawl looks lovely and I really like the colour of the table runner!