Saturday 2 June 2012

Sleepless

I know I'm not alone when I tell you that I often wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep for HOURS.

If I go to bed a little too early then I find myself awake sometime between midnight and 2am and then around 4am I start to wilt again.

I usually have a cup of tea but tonight I was a bit peckish so I had a couple of ginger nut biscuits that I made at dinner time while the oven was on. 
Scrummy!


So what do I do with my peaceful few hours when I have this amazingly special time to myself?

  • I catch up on all things bloggy related if I haven't had the chance to get on for awhile.
  • Sometimes I write in my journal.  This is something that I've been doing for years and don't often get the chance to sit and have a good write these days.
  • Sometimes I'll do up a menu plan or go through my cookbooks looking for new recipes to try (this is not a chore for me, I LOVE looking through recipe books).
  • Sometimes I crochet.....of course!
Tonight after my blogland catch up, I decided that I would write in my journal for awhile.  I've got a few errands to do in the morning though while hubby looks after the kidlettes so I might save journal time for then and stop off at a cafe somewhere.

That leaves more time for me to crochet.  I've got so much that I want to do right now.  I've nearly finished this sweet little baby blanket that I've been making and my fingers are itching to do those last few rounds.



I also promise that I will show you my cotton bedspread so far.  I mentioned I would awhile ago then didn't get back to sewing the hexagons I had done together.



I've just got a couple more to sew on then I'll spread it out on the bed, hope for a sunny day and take some pics just for you. :)  I'm not sure about the sun though because it's just started raining again.  Oh I love the sound of rain on the roof.


I'm off to work my magic on some blankets now.

xx Susan

P.S  For those who are interested, I'm still doing the grocery challenge and will update you on the last couple of weeks when I get the chance.


No comments: