Friday 22 June 2012

Another post about food

Yes I know this one is food again but that seems to be what our week is really focussed on.

This time it's bacon and eggs with a twist.

After a week of cooking for 3 extra people most nights, I all of a sudden had to cook for only 3.  My brother and his kids weren't here and lovely hubby was back at work so there was only the kids and myself.

Simple and easy is what I wanted and even though this still took a bit more preparation than I was really wanting (about 5 minutes!) it was worth it.


I can't even remember where I originally found this recipe but I've thought about making it for ages.  All you do is cut the crusts off some bread then roll them flat with a rolling pin.

Squish these down into a muffin pan to make a cup then crack an egg into each one.  Prick the egg with a fork then press some bacon into them and cook for about 15 minutes in a 200 celcius oven.

It was so yummy served with re-heated leftover vegetables to make me feel like we were getting something a little bit more nutritional.


The kidlettes gobbled everything up (and so did I).  I'm already working on a million different variations of this dish for a quick and easy breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea or dinner. 

Not only was it a hit with the kidlettes eating it all but they also told daddy when they spoke to him on the phone that they were making it for him for breakfast when he next comes home.

That's so sweet.....although I know that Mummy will be asked (yelled at) to help and end up doing most of it. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

The winter school holidays have just started here so I've got three weeks ahead of me of trying to keep the kidlettes entertained.  I have no plans so we'll see what we end up doing over that time.

Some sleepovers with family would be nice occasionally (hint, hint).

xx Susan

No comments: