Wednesday 3 April 2019

Fifty

My beautiful sister turned 50 last week and we celebrated by having dinner in Caloundra with family and friends.

You may remember that we had an earlier celebration in August last year while Elizabeth was visiting from England.  That was a great day too but we were finally able to celebrate on the exact day.








We can't forget the other two birthday girls.  Donna and Robyn are two of my sister's besties and the three of them have a birthday on the 28th, 29th and 30th so it's a few days of celebrations.




It was wonderful catching up with friends like the gorgeous Jodi who has been a friend for nearly as long as I can remember.  She lived near us growing up and was always a fixture at our house and has basically been part of our family.



The lovely Heilala was there too and it's always wonderful to catch up with this gorgeous woman.  We were in the same class all through school and I love that we have so many long standing friendships.



So Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister and best friend.  I hope you had a wonderful night.


Oh and Miss R was just ecstatic that they had lambs brains on the menu.  She and her Nanna just LOVE them.





I'll leave you with a sneak peek at one of the gifts I gave my sister.  You may remember me mentioning a secret project that I've been working on since Christmas.

Well I designed and made a shawlette/scarf for my sister in memory of both our Grandmothers who loved to crochet as well.  I'll write more about this in a future post but I can finally show you the finished item.





xx Susie

3 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your sister!! I love how that shawl turned out and I hope she wears it a lot.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Zaa said...

Belated Birthday ... We have B'days on the 16th, 17th and 18 of March and mine is on the 29th of March so I'm with you on the celebrating( Ha Ha)...How nice to have good old friends to partake in the festivities... I'm sure that your sister will enjoy every heartfelt fiber of that handmade shawl...It's such a thoughtful gift. ... My son lives just outside of Sydney on Scotland Island... so I know that you have fabulous food in Australia..however... I've never tried ' Lamb Brains" ... I'll save it for my next trip
( maybe)( ha Ha)...Looks like you all had a rollicking time... Hugs

Sandy said...

Thank you so much Susie. Love my present and love all who were able to come and celebrate. Our friendships are wonderful aren't they. It's like having a close knit group of sisters.