Monday 8 April 2019

Latest makes

It's school holidays here for the next couple of weeks and we are enjoying a pretty laid back start to the break after what seemed like a long school term.

There has been a bit too much screen time already but we've tried to balance that with a couple of outings too.  A trip to Brisbane airport was a highlight as we had to drop a family member off there the other day.  I have to admit that it did make me a little jealous as I have itchy feet with the travelling that family members seem to be doing lately.

Rather than jetting off somewhere, I've immersed myself in my happy place and have been working on a few projects.

I'm part way through making a baby blanket for a gift.  We know that the couple are having a boy and I wanted to do something a bit different and incorporate dragonflies into it.

I'm really enjoying making this and got the pattern from here if anyone's wishing to make it.  It's called the Radiating Dragonflies Throw and there's a pdf pattern available to buy or it's also free on the designers website (link available from the pattern page).

The pattern changes colour for each round of dragonflies but I wanted to keep the whole blanket blue and then change to white or cream for the border.  I'll definitely show you the finished product in a few weeks time.




Some friends were visiting my sister the weekend of her birthday and their son and Master M got on really well.  Master M happened to take one of his scarves over there one morning when we visited which was promptly utilised for a ninja headband, a pirate sash and a multitude of other things in their play.  

The other Master M (my boy's friend), asked me if I could make him a scarf so I searched through my stash and found a whole heap of tiny balls leftover from the kids blankets.




There was just the right amount to make a child's scarf which I made using half treble crochet stich (UK terms) through the back loop which gave it a rib like texture.  Perfect for a little boy to play ninja's or pirates.




All that's needed now is to package it up and post it to him.




I also can't have a slight obsession with making shawls without having one on the go either.  I'm loving how this one is turning out.




I've also only just noticed the colour scheme of these different projects.  Anyone would think that I like blue!!  :)


Enjoy your week everyone.

xx Susan



6 comments:

Jane said...

What a super little gift! I find blue is such a calming colour, not cold as some think. I'm looking forward to seeing the baby blanket and your latest shawl. Best, Jane x

Christina said...

I started spring break today and already I am feeling the strain. Drove to an adventure playground, which turned out to be closed for safety reasons.... cue a lot of bickering and blaming.... a bit of crafting will sort the frayed nerves I hope. Lovely baby blanket, I do like those dragonflies. x

Billie Jo said...

Enjoy your break!
Seems as if you are off to a great start!
I always enjoy seeing your projects.
Beautiful!

Teresa Kasner said...

What a nice thing to do to make a scarf for your son's friend.. he'll always remember your kindness. I really like the dragonfly blanket!! Have a super week! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

sewing green lady said...

I love blue, I love the shades used on those projects, they look gorgeous.

Let's Get Sewing said...

The colour scheme is lovely!