Wednesday 17 April 2019

Random school holiday moments

I can't believe that we're three quarters of the way through the school holidays already.  I'm LOVING not having to make lunches every day or try and get the kids out of bed, ready and off to school on time.  For me, that's a holiday in itself.

It's been a bit of a funny old break though as there were plans made but they really didn't involve me so I've just been plodding along.

There has been crochet of course, although I'm not getting as much done as I had intended.  That's okay as I'm doing what I can, when I can and it's all working out beautifully.







Miss R had her Equine Therapy session the other day which she loves and we find them so beneficial at helping her with her emotions.  She's always had an affinity with animals and when we first heard about Equine Therapy something just clicked and we knew it would be perfect for her.

No sitting in a room talking to someone and playing games etc for our girl.  She's out in a muddy paddock, wearing her gum boots and loving it.




I also get to spend a quiet hour working on some crochet so it's a win - win situation for us all.


Afterwards we went out to lunch and enjoyed spending some time together which is always a pleasure.





Lovely hubby has taken some time off these holidays although I can't say that we've seen him much at all.

Hubby, Master M and Patch the dog headed about 600 kilometres away to a cattle property in western Queensland.  That meant just Miss R and I for a few days and it was so quiet in the house.

Master M only lasted a few days and ended up coming home with my brother and his boys (so did Patch) so our plans for the second week of the school holidays have changed slightly now that it's not just us girls.  Hubby is still out there and we honestly have no idea when he'll be back (very limited phone service), so the kids and I are just loafing about like we often do during our breaks.  

While Miss R and I were on our own we painted our nails with glow in the dark nail polish we bought when we were out and about the other day.




I really tried to take a photo of my glowing nails in the dark but they just didn't turn out.  I can tell you this stuff works though and is actually a bit creepy when you wake up in the night and realise your nails are glowing.  (I used the watermelon coloured one although they all glow white).

Where was this stuff when I used to go to school discos in the 80's!


...and that my friends, pretty well sums up our holidays so far.  Not much has been happening at all and we are enjoying it.

I hope you're all enjoying your week too.

xx Susan

3 comments:

Jules said...

The school holidays just seem to arrive when we're desperately ready for them. It's good to read you're enjoying the break.
Love the nail polish. X

Christina said...

Sounds pretty good! Except maybe the glowing nails, that would freak me out a little :-)

Teresa Kasner said...

How nice to have had such a relaxing school break. Ours starts in early June. We're off to the beach for almost 2 weeks in our caravan/trailer. Have a good weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤