Wednesday 23 October 2019

Keeping busy

In the midst of the holidays, rope swinging and seemingly countless appointments I have been doing plenty of crochet.

Some of my projects have been more successful than others and I've found that when I get a bit stressed or snowed under with everything going on around me, I work on some tried and true patterns that I love.

So I can happily report that I finished one shawl during the last school holidays and that was an olive green version of my Venetian Shawl.  It's made out of an alpaca/silk mix and drapes beautifully.









I've also been working on something based on a doily my Grandmother made for me over 20 years ago.  I'm not having a lot of success with it and have pulled it apart about 5 times now.  Funnily enough, I have the edge section worked out in a sample I made, I just have to get the main part of the project working out how I can see it in my mind.

I've put it aside for now and am working on something else but will get back to it soon as I think I may have solved my problem.  Fingers crossed. 



My current project is a version of my Tea Time Wrap.  The last one I made using a whirl and the colours gently change as the wrap grew.

I really wanted to make a brighter one though and I've chosen four colours to make it in four sections.  I'm having lots of fun with this one and can't wait until it's finished to see how it all comes together.



So that's where I'm at on the craft front right now.  I've got one thing finished, one frustrating me and one I'm happily working away on.  

Oh and the sewing has sort of come to a stop too so I'd better get cracking and start pinning and sewing the bags together soon otherwise it will be the end of the school year before I know it and I'll be rushing madly to get things done.

xx Susan





6 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

Bravo on the shawl finish! I hope you figure out your grandma's pattern to your satisfaction. I'll be gone for 5 days, leaving tomorrow. Wish us luck on our long drive to California! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

jane said...

Your shawl is gorgeous! I've been trying to fit in some crochet time. I'm nearing completion on my cushion cover and I'm working away on it as much as I can. Best, Jane x

Christina said...

You have been busy! A shawl is always practical and perfect for those cooler evenings.

Billie Jo said...

You are so talented, my friend!
Everything is simply lovely!!!!

Jules said...

The shawl is beautiful and such a gorgeous colour. X

sewing green lady said...

Beautiful shawl, it looks really complicated. x