Wednesday 9 October 2019

Back to school

The last mid-term holidays are over for the year and we now have one school term to get through before the summer holidays and Master M's start to high school.

Back to school means that I also get my computer back.  I don't get much of a chance to use it when the kids are home as there always seems to be one of them on it.  So school is back and I am back!

We had a few plans for these last holidays but in the end they didn't eventuate.  Hubby had to work quite a bit so the kids and I pottered about and perfected the art of slothing and doing not much.

Other plans for when hubby was home got postponed when my Dad went to hospital.  That's okay, we can easily do them another weekend or even the next school holidays.  

At least Dad is okay now and is on the right medication for his heart to work better than what it was.  Fingers crossed that all will be well and he can still get his hip replacement in a few weeks as planned.

Patch and I have been happy now that we're walking a little more.  During the school holidays it's not always easy to get a good walk in 


You can see why we always keep Patch's tick treatments up to date and check him regularly as there's plenty of long grass at the edges of the track.  He's usually in the grass or up in the bush under the trees more than he is on the track.



Patch also had a hair cut on the holidays.  He moped about for days afterwards and I don't think I've seen a sadder looking dog.  

He even stood in front of the mirror in my room a few times and just looked sadly at himself which was hilarious although I was a good Mum and didn't laugh at him.  I just told him he's still our beautiful boy, he'll be much cooler now that the weather's warming up and his hair will grow back.  

Not sure if he believed me though.




He also seems so much smaller now that his hair's been cut off.




I've got plenty more to show and tell as I've been busy with the crochet hook and Miss R had an awesome day at an Adventure Day Camp over the holidays where she got to do archery and swing from ropes high in trees (no fear of heights that one).

I'll tell you about those another day soon once I get myself organised and in a back to school routine myself.

Have a fantastic week everyone and I'll slowly get round to catching up on all of your lovely blogs over the next few days.

xx Susan


4 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

Welcome back. I hope you have an enjoyable summer. We're fully into autumn here and we have a fire in our pellet stove and are cooking hearty meals. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

sustainablemum said...

Like Teresa we are in fully into Autumn here too, with our wood burning stove lit most nights. I am glad to hear that you Dad is doing well and hope that he has the operation he needs in the coming week.

Christina said...

Patch does look funny with only half his fur :-)
Wishing your dad a speedy recovery so he can have his operation as planned x

Jules said...

I'm so relieved to read your dad is doing OK and I do hope he manages to have his operation as planned.
Bless Patch. Those eyes! X