Saturday 28 September 2019

Dad update

Thank you so much for your queries and concern for my Dad.

I am very happy to say that he DIDN'T have a heart attack.

Even though there are obvious issues and he was in hospital for 3 days, he's home now and feeling much better.



I ended up getting plenty of crochet done while waiting for news and only have the border left of my shawl before it's finished.

We're almost half way through the weekend here and it's very hot again.  There are some storms building up but I don't think we'll be getting much out of them which is a pity.

It's so dry here now with large patches of dirt on the lawn and the rest of the grass is brown and crunchy to walk on.  Rain will be a blessing so I hope we get some soon.

I hope you are all well.

xx Susan



6 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm glad to hear your Dad is better. What a relief for your family! I hope you get some rain.. we sure are here in Oregon, USA.
The shawl looks wonderful, bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jules said...

I've been behind with my blog reading this week but I'm relieved to read your dad is doing OK. It must have given you quite a scare.
You can have some of our rain if you like. For what feels like days now, it's been raining persistently here. I'm hoping for a brighter afternoon so we can get out for a walk in the woods.
The shawl is beautiful. X

sustainablemum said...

I am glad to hear that you Dad is doing ok now, that must have been a worry for you.

You shawl looks lovely, i hope you manage to finish it off soon.

Like Jules we have had lots of rain too, happy to send you some! Hope you get some soon, I cannot imagine dry crunchy grass we never get that here.

Christina said...

So pleased to hear that your dad is on the mend. I missed your last post and only just caught up with reading. What a fright! Ticks are gross! We don't have much tick transmitted disease in our area but there has been an increase over the past few years. Good to be vigilant. Your shawl is lovely. x

Jane said...

I'm so pleased to hear your dad is OK now. It's always such a worry when someone in the family is ill. You can have some of our rain! We've been getting torrential downpours over the last few days or so. Your shawl is looking lovely. Best, Jane x

Mereknits said...

Your shawl is beautiful. So glad your Dad is okay, what a scare that must have been.