Tuesday 17 September 2019

Craft update

Things have been extremely busy and very up and down here at the moment.  I won't go into the details but I will say that I'm not getting the chance to blog or even catch up with my blog reading as much as I would like to.

School holidays start next week so I'm hoping things will settle down a bit and I'm able to get back into a bit of a routine for myself for a few weeks.

I haven't been crafting that much either.  Well I have been doing some but nowhere near as much as I would like.

You will be pleased to know that I've finally finished my table runner.

It was touch and go for awhile even though it was a really easy pattern to work on.  I had this brilliant idea to make some place mats to go with it but they weren't working out how I wanted them to.  After nearly finishing one and then pulling it apart about 4 or 5 times I got the shits a little cranky with it all and placed the table runner out of sight until I was happy enough to work on it again.




I now only have a table runner (no plans for placemats) which looks okay on our scuffed up table but much better with the white tablecloth I think (notice the photo bomber behind the chair!)


As we usually only use the white table cloth at Christmas, this table runner may end up being our festive one.




I've also started another version of my Venetian Shawl.  I honestly tried a few other patterns but when things can go a little haywire in an instant, I wanted something familiar and soothing and pretty to work on.

The green is not my usual colour but it was in my stash and I'm quite liking it.




Those of you with a keen eye may have realised I said Craft update and not Crochet update in the title.

That's because I've also had the sewing machine out and am slowly starting on a few projects.

I won't bore you with photos of my mended jeans as you won't be as excited about seeing patched inner thighs as I am at being able to wear them again. (HaPpy jigs here!)

I have started on a few Christmas gifts though.  Don't gasp at the thought of Christmas like I nearly did.  I realised that the next few months are going to whizz by and wanted to get the teacher's gifts started so I'm not rushing around at the last minute.



I bought the fabric awhile ago and finally got round to laying everything out on my bed and cutting it out.

I now have a pile of fabric waiting for me to piece it all together with some trusty pins and then sew it up.  I'm not planning on doing the whole lot in one day, and have broken the whole process down in steps so I'm not leaving half finished things spread out everywhere if I get a phone call from school and have to drop everything and run.




My next step will be to pin them all together and then I'll sew all the bags and handles of the same colour together first so I'm not changing thread as often.  I'll show you more  when they're finished but in the meantime I'll give you a peek at the shopping bags I made last year.  




I hope you are all having a great week and if you have school holidays coming up, I hope you enjoy the time.

xx Susan



5 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

Welcome back! We're having Autumn right now.. leaves changing.. back to school.. rain deluges. It looks like you're getting a lot done.. I haven't got much done on my shell blanket lately. Enjoy your Spring!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jules said...

The table runner looks great and it will be perfect for Christmas. I hope the school holidays will bring you a much needed break. Xx

Clicky Needles said...

I love the fabric of last year's bags. I've never thought of crocheting a table runner ~ like it. CN x

Coastal Ripples said...

Hi, I’ve just found your blog . Love all your crafty makes particularly the shawl. You are very organised with your sewing for Christmas. I’m in sock knitting mode for the very same reason. Happy days! Barbara x


sustainablemum said...

I too have just found your blog and love all your crafty makes. I haven't started to think about Christmas yet, we have a few birthdays in this house to celebrate first!