Tuesday 10 September 2019

I love my Mum...

I could do up an endless list of reasons why I love my Mum.  This week though it's because she loves her gardening and I'm a very grateful recipient.

We had some really, really hot weather last week and over the weekend it's been very windy.  It's also very dry and as a result parts of our state are battling bush fires.  Thank goodness there's been no loss of life but a number of people have lost their homes and unfortunately the weather forecast isn't favourable.  





What we need is rain.  Good, soaking rain to help but that's not looking likely right now.

As a result of the heat and the dry weather, Mum's garden started to look a little worse for wear so she harvested as much as she could and has delivered some of it to my sister and myself.

We have cabbage, leeks, zucchini (courgettes), tomatoes, choko, lettuce, celery, parsley and snow peas.  I will admit that the snow peas didn't make it to the fridge as Miss R and I munched on them which means they also won't be making their way into the stir fry for dinner either.

Thanks Mum.  Love you lots!

xx Susan

5 comments:

Jane said...

A lovely harvest. Ours was OK, but we had to much sun and not enough rain. The butterflies got to the cabbages as well. Enjoy. Best, Jane x

Billie Jo said...

Beautiful!
Made even more so by the provider!
Prayers for rain, my friend!

Country Rabbit said...

oohhh lovely to have a mother that passes you lots of lovely greens! ;)
...ive been giving away a few bags of my apples as they seem to have done really well this year and we have far too many...though ive been making lots of strudels pies crumbles...i love apple with cheese too so im not complaining.
i love stir fry we do that often in our house adding noodles ;)x

Christina said...

Lovely produce to enjoy in your summer salads. Your mum is fabulous! I hope you get some rain soon x

Teresa Kasner said...

You're lucky to have a mom who is good to you and also shares her garden bounty.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)