Friday 5 October 2018

Sea Green Shawl

We've not long got back from our trip away and not only do I have multitudes of photos to sort through but what feels like tonnes of washing as well.  The joys of returning from holidays!

The thing is, we now have to dust the camper trailer off and head away for just one night as it's Shane's (hubby) cousins 21st Birthday party on Saturday.

Our week away was pretty amazing though.  There was plenty of exploring, swimming, relaxing, fun and just some nice family time.  We even spied a baby whale breaching just off the coastline which was pretty exciting.

Until I fill you in on our trip though, I thought I would show you the shawl that I finished and finally blocked before we went away.




It's so light and amazingly soft and I'm very much in love with it.

I used 4 skeins of Drops Baby Alpaca Silk in the colour Light Sea Green.





The pattern is one I've used before in another sparkly red shawl I made years ago and I wanted to try it with the lovely green of the alpaca silk.  It's a design called Ruby Red by Elisabeth Davis de Herraiz and is a really quite easy to make.





I'll leave you with a sneak peek at the shoulder bag I was working on while on our holiday.




xx Susan



7 comments:

Christina said...

Beautiful shawl. Alpaca and silk sound like something to adore! Glad you had a good holiday and look forward to seeing some photos. x

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness!
Your shawl is lovely!
Welcome home.
Cannot wait to hear more about your trip. : )

Teresa Kasner said...

I love the shawl! I think it was the Ruby shawl that I've made in alpaca natural white and a ruby red alpaca silk blend. I adore my shawls! I'm glad you had a great holiday. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

sewing green lady said...

What a pretty shawl I love the colour, it looks very delicate.

Meg said...

Oh, that is simply so beautiful! I adore the colour, Susan. Just lovely! Meg:)

Angela Pitout said...

such beautiful work. i so love the colour you chose.

Jane said...

Hello, I recently happened upon your blog as I've been looking at crochet blogs. I only just learnt to crochet this summer and I'm still very much on basic granny stitch, but I'm loving the whole crochet process. I made a small lap blanket and I'm so 'hooked' I've started making another, but this time I'm making small squares, which will need to be joined. I only started blogging last summer, so I'm still a novice blogger too. I've been looking at your crochet and I hope to become as proficient in time. Regards Jane :)