Saturday 29 December 2012

My October

October meant changes for us.
 
Big Night Out:
 
Little Miss R started the term at a new school and it has been one of the best decisions we've ever made.  It goes to show that in certain cases, private schools are not always best as in this particular case, the local public school is turning out to be so much better for us.
 
Anyway, her new school had their annual Big Night Out with rides, fairy floss and fireworks.  It was a fantastic night!
 
 
Crafting:
 
Some fabulous new yarn arrived in the post to be hooked into something special.
 
I finally finished my scrap blanket.
 
The sewing machine started to get a work out with swimming bags made and other projects getting started for Christmas.
 

 
Gardens:
 
It's one of the few times a year when I feel proud of my garden as the hippeastrums burst into flower.
 

 
 
Fun and celebration:
 
It was a month of birthdays.  Little Miss R turned 7 and nephew R turned 5. 
 
We had some icing fun with biscuits and plenty of back yard fun with the sprinkler.
 
I also finally got my hair done for the first time in 18 months!  Of course it just gets shoved up in a pony tail as usual, especially in all this heat.
 

 
October ended up being another busy and fun month for us. 
 
xx Susan

No comments: