Wednesday 4 July 2012

I'm feeling better....

....and all I seem to want to do is eat.

After a couple of days of not feeling well and of having a box of tissues as my best friend, I'm feeling like I'm back in the world again.  I'm also feeling  hungry.

Funnily enough, when I'm sick, I find it rare that I lose my appetite completely.  I hear about so many people that just can't seem to eat anything when they're sick so I tell myself that because I still get a bit hungry that I'm not really that sick at all.  (Must be the Taurus in me, we do love our food.)


I couldn't face more than fruit and a little yoghurt for breaky though.  It was delicious and in fact one of my favourite breakfasts.

Lunch was a little left over Cottage Pie from the night before.  When I say a little, I do mean a little as I only had a tiny portion.  I suppose that proves that I haven't been well, even though I'm really hungry, I can only eat small amounts.


Then dinner was a really easy meal.  Roast pork and vege.  I find cooking a roast to be one of the easiest meals to make.  All you have to do is cut up a few vegetables and put them and the roast in the oven to cook themselves.  Not that difficult really and when you want your family to eat well while you can rest then it's an easy option.


DELICIOUS!

Little Miss R is staying at Grandma's for an extra night.  She's having so much fun going to the beach, building sandcastles, playing in the beachside playground, and of course having special time with Grandma without her brother there!



As for me, I'm off for a nap.  It's a feast of sport tonight:

State of Origin rugby league - the decider.  GO MAROONS!
Cricket - Australia v England ODI - what on earth is going on boys?
Tennis - Wimbledon and the men's quarter finals
Tour de France - how I love cycling!

I may not be posting tomorrow, I'll probably still be asleep from a full night of sport!

Hmmmm, I wonder what I can eat for a midnight snack?

xx Susan

No comments: