Thursday 14 February 2019

Eighty

My Dad turned 80 on Wednesday!



He didn't want a big fuss or a party or anything but just a few quiet celebrations with family and friends.

In the morning we headed into Caloundra where we caught up with some very good friends of my parents.  We worked out that they've know each other for 47 or 48 years (before I was even thought of), and their friendship is still going strong.

It was a completely hilarious morning as it always is when we catch up with Aunty J (second from the left).  My parents are the two on the right.




That evening Dad just wanted to meet at one of the local parks for dinner with his family instead of having a party or a barbeque.

We managed to get a rare snap of him with his younger brother.



...and here he is with his 4 grandchildren.




I took 35 photos of Poppy and his grandkids, basically just pressing the capture button continuously in the hope that I would get one good photo.  There are lots of silly and absolutely hilarious ones but this is the best of the bunch that I have.  My sister was taking photos too so I'll have to see if she's got any good ones.

Happy 80th Birthday Dad, lets hope there's plenty more to celebrate.

xx all my love... Susie xx

3 comments:

Angela Pitout said...

happy birthday to your dad xxx

Christina said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!

Teresa Kasner said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your dad! I lost my dad many years ago, so I'm happy for you that you still have yours with you and so healthy looking, too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)