Sunday 13 January 2019

This week I'm loving.....

Crochet

I don't seem to be getting as much of this done as I would like.

It's been really busy around here lately with extra kids, outings and sleepovers.  I seem to be doing things in small bursts and snatching a few moments here and there to catch up on some of my projects.

I have finished my Winter Mist Shawl and took a quick snap of it just to show you.



It's made out of a brushed alpaca / silk mix and is the softest and lightest shawl I've ever made.  It's gorgeous!

I'm also working on an easy shawl in a ball  which is my latest portable project.  It's a no think shawl and is slowly growing because as I said, it's really busy here now and my crochet time seems to be limited.  It's the perfect project for these school holidays though.





Sleepovers and play days

My house seems to be a revolving door of children lately.  I've had plenty of extra kids here during the day which equates to a LOT of extra noise.  The kids have also had a sleepover at friend's or relatives for a night, both at different times so I've still had one with me which has been a fun night of one on one time.

Master M and his mate had a big night when they went out for his friend's birthday.  It took its toll the next day and when I went to find out why they were so quiet, I realised they were crashed!




Outings

On the brief occasions that hubby is home from work we've made the most of it.  We went for a drive and picnic one day which I can't believe I have no photos of.

We also went to see How to Train Your Dragon 3 at the movies which was loved by us all, especially the kids.

While hubby was home I took the chance to escape for a day.  I needed it as it had reached that stage in the holidays when the kids wouldn't stop bickering and I had hardly had a moment since early December that didn't involve constant noise and interruptions.  I think I was about to go postal so hubby took over parenting duties and I had the best day out.




I knew I couldn't handle noisy shops or anywhere too busy so headed about 15 minutes up the hill to Mary Cairncross Park which ended up being just what I needed.

Coffee and journal time at the café was the perfect way to get my thoughts in order and then I headed into the park to enjoy some time meandering in nature.




It was the best pick me up and I've got a ton of photos so I'll take you for a walk through here when I get a bit more time to organise them all.


Food

I LOVE food and my days out always require me to find somewhere nice to enjoy something tasty that I don't have to prepare myself.

A tasty snack of spiced fruit toast with a raspberry and finger lime jam was perfect to fortify me during my walk around Mary Cairncross.



I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon wandering around the town of Maleny with its artisan boutiques and plenty of cafes.  The salmon and asparagus quiche was incredible!





That's just a few snippets of the past week or so.

I hope you're all having a great weekend.

xx Susan


2 comments:

Jane said...

What a busy week! Your shawl is gorgeous! I well remember the days of having a house full of the kids friends. They may have been noisy and frantic, but I miss those days. I'm not one for shops either, a walk on the beach is always a tonic for me. Best, Jane x

Billie Jo said...

Beautiful shawl, my friend!
And I wish I could join you for the walk and coffee.
You inspire me to remember to take more time for myself.
Beautiful photos too!
Have a cozy week. :