Thursday 29 December 2016

Post Christmas Quiet

Well it hasn't been entirely quiet because I have two kids and it's the school holidays, but things have been a bit quieter for me.
 
It began on Christmas Eve after a very busy lead up to the big day.  We had 13 extra members of my family and hubby's family here for the evening which was really lovely.  It's been quite awhile since we were all together in one place.
 
Just before bed I enjoyed a cup of tea by the light of the Christmas tree and enjoyed a peaceful house.  The kidlettes were in bed early which was a miracle but the anticipation of Santa arriving does wonders.
 
 
 
The next morning it was a happy, noisy, chaotic time from about 5.30 am when excited whispers came from Master M's bedroom.  (Little Miss R stayed on the top bunk in his room because my mother-in-law was here for a few days).
 
I'm also happy to say that the chocolate mousse worked a treat in the smaller cups.
 

 
It's such a rich recipe and these Christmas cupcake cups made them into the perfect size.
 
I also made some more gingerbread muffins in them but overfilled them on the first attempt.
 

 
They sort of came out like drunken little soldiers so I adjusted the amount for the next batch.
 

 
With Christmas over it meant that I was hopefully going to be able to get some more quiet time.
 
I have had some which has been really lovely but hubby had to go back to work on boxing day so it's been just the kidlettes and I this week.  To be honest, they have been pretty good most of the time.  There have been the odd moments of course but we seem to have gotten through them unscathed and (mostly) unhurt.
 
I have been able to snatch some quiet moments to do some more of Master M's blanket.  I'm now just over halfway.  Yay!!

 
My goal is to get at least two-thirds of the way through before the end of the school holidays.  That should be easy after the way I've been going the last few days but you never know what will crop up in the next 4 weeks.
 
Wishing you all a wonderful and safe New Year.
 
xx Susan


No comments: