Tuesday 2 July 2013

School holidays

We are certainly not run off our feet this school holidays.
 
Hubby has been away for a good part of it so I've been trying to keep sane with the kidlettes running rampant around the place.  We really need a big back yard, or preferably a really big paddock so I can send them out to run off some energy.
 
We've had visits from Grandad who sat and watched a movie with Master M.  I'm not sure if he could see much of it but my little man said that he was comfortable.
 

 
There has been endless baskets of washing.  I truly don't know where it's all springing from as I'm honestly doing 2 or 3 loads a day and when I turn around there's ANOTHER pile ready to go.  It's ridiculous!
 


 
We've also been experiencing some cooler, rainy weather so lovely warming, tasty stews made from next to nothing have been on the menu.  Oh and strawberries of course.  It's that time of year and there are plenty of strawberry farms around our area so they're never in short supply.


 
 
I've also got itchy feet and have been wanting to get away camping again.  Hubby's work schedule hasn't worked out great over these holidays and then the rain started so we'll possibly give it a miss.  Then again, if it's nice this weekend I may decide to head off with the kids.
 
One of my camping books is my essential table reading lately as I'm trying to work out some different places to go within an hour or two's drive of our house so we can easily head off for a couple of days.
 
There are a few other stressful things going on with extended family over the last few months too that I really won't go into here so I'm kind of glad it's been a quiet school holidays this time.
 
Hope you are all well and enjoying your time, no matter how busy or slow it is.

xx Susan


No comments: