Monday 26 March 2012

Sleepover

The weekend started out pretty hectic.  On Friday afternoon my brother and his wife came to visit and somehow it was suggested that Nephew R (who is 4) have a sleepover that night. 

I ended up with three VERY excitable children.  My kids had never had any other children around their age over for a sleepover before.

As well as the usual playing with the scooters and bikes outside, then cars and trains inside, there was a very noisy game of hide and seek after dinner.

Did I mention noisy?  When I say noisy I really mean N.O.I.S.Y!!  It really wasn't difficult to find anyone and it was also one of the roughest games of hide and seek played because there was lots of tackling and wrestling going on.  I think it was more of a Rugby type hide and seek!

We did eventually get them to sleep at a pretty reasonable time considering the three of them were in the same room together.  I admit I did have to stay in there awhile with them because Nephew R was starting to miss his Mummy so I settled him down.

I was up a few times in the night, mainly because Nephew R kept waking up in a strange room and calling out to me which in turn woke the other two up.  It wasn't too bad though.

Of course we had to have pancakes for breaky the next morning too.



My brother turned up in the morning to pick his little man up and we spent the rest of the day just chilling out around home.  Lovely hubby left at lunch time to go back to work so the kids and I were on our own again for the rest of the weekend.



The kidlettes played in the mud again...and again.  I did some crochet rather than sewing as it's sort of been a bit neglected over the last couple of weeks and we just had some lovely Mummy and kidlette time together. 

The kids also had heaps of fun with the teenage kids next door.  They tied a tyre to the rope hanging from a tree in their back yard and the swinging fun began.  They are so good with our kids and have so much fun playing with them and I love it too as I get a little help in looking after them as well as two tired kids who go to sleep pretty easily at night.  Now what's not to love about that!



Hope you all had a great weekend.

xx Susan

No comments: