Thursday 23 April 2020

A little Crochet time

During this time when we're all cooped up in the house, I have been able to get a few crafty things done.

I had been sewing quite a bit but have no photos to show you what I was in the process of making.  All of that ground to a halt once the kids were home with me each day as where I sew is in a section of our living room.  That is mainly the kids domain when they're home and I found the constant interruptions when I was trying to concentrate on sewing a bit of a pain.  In the end I packed the sewing things away until they go back to school.

So it's back to my favourite craft of crochet and using up what's in my stash.




I found a lovely, easy pattern on the Annie Design Crochet website for a scarf.  I loved the asymmetrical design and the fact that you only need to tie in two ends, one at the beginning and one at the end.  That's always a bonus!








In fact, I enjoyed making it so much that I ferreted through my stash to find some more yarn that I thought would look lovely in the pattern.  I'm loving making this one too and I suppose all we need now is some cooler weather so I can wear them although I'm not holding my breath for that to happen any time soon in my neck of the woods.




I don't think I've shown you another version of my Venetian shawl either.  I made this months ago in a silk/alpaca blend and it's really soft and drapes beautifully.  The photos don't do the colour justice but it's a really lovely, silky olive green.








I've also been busy making some face scrubbies so that I can use fresh ones each day then pop them in the washing machine each week.  They're much nicer to use than cotton pads and I love that I can re-use them.



More wash cloths have been flying off the hook too.  I'm trying to use up my cotton scraps which is why I've been making scrubbies and wash cloths.  I love using things I've made myself and they also make great little gifts.




I hope you are all staying safe and healthy.

xx Susan




7 comments:

Jules said...

I understand all too well the difficulties in trying to concentrate with children around, but your makes are beautiful. I love the different shades you've used. X

Jane said...

It's just us two and our fur baby, Ranger; though sometimes he's worse than a child! I think the poor boy is getting a bit stir crazy. He loves long walks, but we can only do short walks at the moment. He's got so much pent up energy he doesn't know what to do with himself! I've been doing some crochet. I've made another small blanket for Rachael and I've started on another one for me. Keep safe and keep well. Love Jane x

Teresa Kasner said...

Good job on all of the finished works! I really like the green shawl. I'm working on a flower garland then need to finish a blanket for my granddaughter.. THEN I want to make a new hat. Maybe a shawl. I mean.. we have all the time in the world now. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

susan q said...

All lovely makes! The tendril shawl reminds me of the hitchhiker pattern. I would try sock yarn. thanks for sharing!

Christina said...

I wonder if I should look out my crochet hooks, I quite fancy a shawl or two for cool summer evenings. We have scrubbier made from Terry cloth, these are nice, too. Do you loose yours in the washing machine? We do all the time :-)

susan q said...

thanks for sharing your beautiful tendril shawl. I will add it to my pinterest page for the future. I will search for the just right sock yarn for it. Stay safe and be well!

Let's Get Sewing said...

These are lovely makes! I really like the colour of the blue