Thursday 16 January 2020

January... so far

I hadn't meant to go AWOL for so long but somehow I found myself flitting about, doing a multitude of things and realised I'd hardly turned my computer on in weeks.  It was quite refreshing actually and has helped me begin the year in a reasonably relaxed mode.

I have also been decluttering like a bit of a fiend.

I rarely make resolutions for the New Year but I've found that watching so many people in this beautiful country of ours lose everything in the horrific bushfires made me take stock of the clutter in our house.  I really looked at what we have and realise that we really don't need half of it.  So I've started 2020 with a fresh outlook and have been decluttering on a bit of a grand scale.

It's been quite uplifting and cleansing but I'm breaking it down into small areas and just doing a bit each day so I don't burn myself out and then stop completely because it all becomes too much.  So far things are going really well and I'm loving how much tidier and nicer some of the areas in our small home are already looking.

We have also had a couple of birthday's to celebrate already this month.  

Master M has turned 12!




It was a wonderful day full of pancakes for breaky, cake and candles and then off to the cinema to see the new Star Wars movie and dinner afterwards.  He loved his day!

Hubby's niece turned 21 on the first day of the year so the kids and I joined hubby's family for a nice lunch to help her celebrate.  Hubby was away at work so he missed out but we enjoyed ourselves and had a lovely day.

We've had plenty of laying about too...




In fact it's been a good mix of quiet, at home kind of days interspersed with a few outings here and there which we've all been enjoying.

This week seems to be full of appointments as we've been off to see a new paediatrician and have NDIS reviews and a few other things so I'm looking forward to relatively quiet and some less stressful days next week.  Then the week after that it will be back to school which we are as ready as we can be for.  

That's going to be whole new territory but we've got good plans in place and at least both kids will be at the same school which makes morning drop off and afternoon pick up so much easier.

I hope January is swinging along nicely for you too.

xx Susan








9 comments:

Christina said...

January is flying by! The bushfires have been in the news here a lot. I hope there will be lots of rain for you in the next few days. Good luck with decluttering. I am a closet minimalist but have in the past given stuff away that I now miss.... Good luck also with the return to school, I know this can be stressful for your family. Happy Birthday to all the Birthday children! Christina x

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new year and de-cluttering. I need to do some of that.. or a lot of it.. lol.
*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your son.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jane said...

The year has started quietly here; nothing to tell, not even a blog post yet! The weather is cold, dull and wet mostly and I feel so sorry for all the horror of the fires and I'm glad you're far enough away from them. Best wishes to your son. Take care. Best, Jane x

playbajar said...

it can be hard to move and somewhat painful to start a weight loss program, both physically and mentally. One thing that helps is having a plan and sticking to it. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you start to lose weight.
satta king
play bazaar

play bazaar said...

When you are tempted to eat an unhealthy food, call a friend or family member and chat about anything other than eating. Your desire to snack only lasts a few minutes, so this simple distraction may be all you need to remain on track.
satta king
play bazaar

Meg said...

Happy 12th birthday to your boy! It sounds like he had a day of favourite things. My boy too had a birthday and we celebrated with a lunch out together and a homemade birthday cake. Teh school holidays seem to have flown by and we too are readying ourselves to the start of new school year. I much prefer relaxed holiday days! MegXx

Jules said...

It's very easy to go AWOL with a family to look after and it also does us good to have an online break now and again. Happy Birthday to your lovely boy. X

ادم محمود said...


شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالدمام تاج المثالية
شركة طيوب لتسليك المجاري بالدمام والخبر
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is waiting -

Plus, getting it running is as easy as 1...2...3!

Here's how it works...

STEP 1. Input into the system what affiliate products the system will push
STEP 2. Add some PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products for you!

Are you ready to start making money?

Click here to make money with the system