Friday 20 December 2019

Celebration Day!

I can't believe that it's now over a week since Master M finished Primary school.  It's certainly the end of an era because my kids were 5th generation at that school and you don't hear or see that in many places anymore.

They have a bit of a tradition at the school that the graduating class gets to enjoy a special Celebration Day to finish of the year and as a fun farewell day before they head off to High school.

It's always held at Kings Beach in Caloundra and they get to play some games on the grassy areas, play in the fountains and swim in the pool.




The day was hot and sunny, but then that's about all it's been around here for months now.  Hats and sunscreen were a must and the kids had a great time being out of the classroom with their mates.






I think the pool was the most popular activity for the kids, followed closely by playing in the fountains as it gave them a chance to cool off.



I looked on with envy as they all enjoyed the pool but didn't have my togs with me.

Luckily the other fun part of the day is a special lunch at the Surf Club that the school organises every year.

The air conditioning was perfect and the view from my chair was pretty good too.....




There were also class parties to be enjoyed and cupcakes were requested as the dish of choice.  I really don't enjoy decorating cakes so I try to make things look as festive as possible with as little effort as possible.

I believe they were all inhaled relatively quickly :)




It's also been the only baking I've done in the lead up to Christmas so far.  It's been too hot and I really haven't felt like doing much in the kitchen at all but Miss R is nagging regularly requesting me to make the gingerbread muffins with cream cheese icing that I've been making the last few years so I believe I may be making some over the weekend.

I might make a double batch as they freeze really well and I can get the baking done on one day then put my feet up in front of the air conditioner while watching cricket and scoffing muffins.  Sounds like a plan!

I hope you are all enjoying a calm lead up to the holidays or you are at least able to find some calm in the frazzled moments.

Enjoy!

xx Susan


8 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

That place with the pool looks wonderful.. did the kids swim in the ocean, too? 5 generations in one place is pretty amazing any time! Bravo! Now I want a gingerbread muffin! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

****************************************
*M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
****************************************

Jules said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate. The pool looks fabulous and I'm glad you were able to stay comfortable too.
The gingerbread muffins sound delicious. I may need that recipe. 😆

Jane said...

Ooohh so hot and sunny; so cold, wet and dismal here LOL Winter seems to drag on and on. How quickly our children grow up! Seems like only yesterday my own kiddies were just starting school. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Best, Jane x

Christina said...

Your school celebrates the end of year in style, I like it. I am sorry it is so so hot where you are at the moment. I hope you get a little respite from the heat soon. Here it is wet and miserable but not terribly cold. I think your cupcakes look fabulous. I am not a keen cake decorator either. It seems pointless when the kids then scoff the cakes in one single bite. Have a lovely weekend xx

sewing green lady said...

I love seeing the difference in traditions in different homes and countries. The children there are certainly celebrating in a different way to the ones here, I hope you get some relief from the heat. I also loved your post on the tree decorating, I hope you are all having a good time. x

Rohit Singh said...

Some will even transport it to your door for a small fee. Horse manure is rich in vitamins and minerals that plants crave. Usually, the manure is blended with wood shavings to reduce the smell. For the serious organic, make sure that the shavings used are also organic.
satta king
play bazaar

play bazaar said...

This will cut down on the amount of butter, cheese, gravies, and cream-laden sauces you put into you body. They will also perk up your senses and keep your food interesting.
satta king
play bazaar

play bazaar said...

This will reduce your chance of purchasing junk food on a whim, as you will simply purchase the foods that are on your list.
satta king
play bazaar