I started this blanket back in November I think.
I was determined to work a little bit each day on it but sometimes plans and good intentions don't always work out do they?
I will admit that I did do pretty well with doing just a bit on most days, except for the 6 weeks when we had no air conditioner. I think I can be excused for not wanting to be anywhere near a blanket during that time.
The other delay came not far from the end when I ran out of some of the colours of yarn so I had to order some more. That took 3 weeks and 3 days to arrive so there was another bit of a delay of almost a month.
It's now done though and I'm so very happy with it. Master M had it in use almost the second after I tied in the last end (lucky I tied the ends in as I went along so I only had the final ones to do).
I just love the ripply goodness of this blanket and my boy does too which is what counts.
These coastal colours are just perfect for a boy I think.
Now I need to decide what to do next.
I've got a number of smaller projects ready to go and I need to remind myself to work on them ONE AT A TIME.
I'm really thinking about a blanket for hubby's and my bed which would be good to do over the winter months. I'll let that stir around in the grey matter for a bit before I decide though as I'll need plenty of yarn for that. I'll then have to decide what pattern to use and whether I use an already made up colour pack or if I work out my own colour scheme. I'm sure it will all come together soon though and then I'll let you know what I decide.