Tuesday 2 May 2017

Master M's blanket is finally finished!

I started this blanket back in November I think.
 
I was determined to work a little bit each day on it but sometimes plans and good intentions don't always work out do they?
 
I will admit that I did do pretty well with doing just a bit on most days, except for the 6 weeks when we had no air conditioner.  I think I can be excused for not wanting to be anywhere near a blanket during that time.
 
The other delay came not far from the end when I ran out of some of the colours of yarn so I had to order some more.  That took 3 weeks and 3 days to arrive so there was another bit of a delay of almost a month.
 
It's now done though and I'm so very happy with it.  Master M had it in use almost the second after I tied in the last end (lucky I tied the ends in as I went along so I only had the final ones to do).
 
 
 
I just love the ripply goodness of this blanket and my boy does too which is what counts.

 
These coastal colours are just perfect for a boy I think.

 
 
Now I need to decide what to do next. 
 
 I've got a number of smaller projects ready to go and I need to remind myself to work on them ONE AT A TIME. 
 
I'm really thinking about a blanket for hubby's and my bed which would be good to do over the winter months.  I'll let that stir around in the grey matter for a bit before I decide though as I'll need plenty of yarn for that.  I'll then have to decide what pattern to use and whether I use an already made up colour pack or if I work out my own colour scheme.  I'm sure it will all come together soon though and then I'll let you know what I decide.
 
xx Susan


1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm having a random read of some of your past posts and I love the blankets you've made. As you know I've made the one square granny blanket and I'm trying to make another, but this time making small squares rather than one large one. I do love these ripple blankets so I'm going to have to have a go at making one. Jane :)