Thursday 16 February 2017

Too hot for crochet

We've been having a few record high temperatures around here so you'll have to excuse me for not even trying to finish Master M's blanket.  Even in the bedroom with our little air conditioner working it's little heart out, it's just been way too hot to even contemplate making a blanket.
 
 
 
 Since our lounge room air conditioner is truly out for the count (just in time for record temperatures), we've been going the old fashioned route of trying to keep cool.
 
That means more time in our back yard late in the afternoon when we get a nice breeze and things start to cool down.  (Well it's not cool really, just a little less hot than it was an hour or so earlier.)
 

 
 
I've been trying a number of things to help side-track me and cool me down.  Blogs....finances....updating diaries......chilled wine......
 

 
 
 
Master M seemed to have the right idea and filled up soaker guns with water and blasted anything he could point it at.
 

 
 
Then we realised that the water from the soaker gun when squirted in a particular spot made for some pretty spectacular jewel like arcs in the sky.  The photo does not do justice to the actual effect.  Trust me, I tried so many times to get a good picture and Master M was happy to oblige because it was so much fun to shoot that water through the air!
 

 
 
...and on a slightly different note.  It was my dad's 78th birthday the other day so the kidlettes and I headed down to my parents house after school one afternoon for cake and noisy fun with their cousins.  Happy Birthday Dad.  Love you xxxxxxxx.
 

 
 
xx Susan
 


No comments: