Little Miss R starts swimming today and needs a waterproof bag for her to keep her wet togs and towel in.
The only thing I had was a plastic shopping bag and while it would do the job, I wanted something a little bit nicer and hard wearing for her.
I got to have a little 'me' time on Sunday (which was awesome) and while out I headed to a Spotlight store to look at buying some oil cloth to make a bag with.
Then I found the laminated cotton which I didn't know existed. It's nowhere near as stiff as the oil cloth and had much prettier patterns.
Home I came with my little bundle in my hands and started to measure out the bag. I ended up using an old library bag (which Master M uses as a blindfold when wrestling his toy crocodiles) as a pattern and it was just the perfect size.
I cut out four pieces the same size because I wanted to line the bag and I also decided to make a pocket for the inside so my girl can put her sunscreen and goggles in.
It didn't take long to sew up although making a button hole for the side so I could put the draw string through proved daunting. I'd never made a button hole with my new machine so I had to get the instruction book out and work it out as I went.
Threading the rope through proved to be a bit of a problem too as I hadn't made the encasement wide enough for the thick rope I had. In the end it was solved by finding some smaller rope somewhere in the house and using that. Much easier!
So now my girl has a waterproof swimming bag which she loves and I'm sure it will be unique within her class so hopefully it won't get lost.
Hope you all had a great weekend.