Thursday 22 December 2016

A White Christmas?

While a white Christmas sounds something that many of us in the bottom portion of the globe only dream of, it just might be a reality this year for my sister.  Having said that, I've just remembered that she's already had one.  Well that buggered that thought up!
 
Anyway, she flew out to England yesterday evening to spend Christmas with one of her dearest friends Elizabeth in Yorkshire.  I doubt it will be snowing though as it doesn't often snow at their place at Christmas.
 
Driving to Brisbane International airport was a pretty exciting outing for the kidlettes as they've never been there before.  Master M was so worn out by his excitement that he slept nearly all the way down there.
 
Now I never drive into the city because the traffic freaks me out these days but I just told myself that I would be fine and everything would go well.
 
I didn't account for the storms and peak hour traffic though!
 
 
 
 
Two storms converged into one evidently and we drove into it.  Luckily not into the middle of it but we did have to drive through the outside edge of it. 
 
I concentrated on driving while my sister madly took a heap of photos until the traffic got heavier and the rain started.

 
Once we said our goodbyes the kids and I headed home and ran into the back of the storm this time.
 
There was heaps of really HUGE lightning and it got pitch black really quickly.  We ended up stopping on the way home to get some dinner and let a bit more of the storm roll away before we headed for home.
 
So to my lovely sister S.  I hope you have a wonderful time with your English family.  Try to relax a bit and enjoy this precious time with them.  You truly deserve it.
 
xxxxx Susie
 



 
 


No comments: