Tuesday 25 March 2014

A candle lit...

For 'Dad' Frankland (Brian) 

who passed away today.


It's been over 15 years since I have seen him but he's been in my thoughts many times since then.

'Dad' was a Yorkshireman and our families have been connected for well over 30 years when his daughter and my sister became penpals.  (Well before the internet when writing a letter was the way to keep in touch.)

My sister Sandra has been to England 4 or 5 times now and has ALWAYS visited and stayed with her English family while she was there.

I travelled there with her in my early 20's and was fortunate enough to spend time and get to know these people that had always been apart of my life for as long as I could remember.



This was the only photo I could find of 'Dad' which was taken with me just before my 24th birthday.

You will be missed.

xx Susan

No comments: