Monday 3 February 2014

Sewing again

With all the extra stresses that have been going on around here this last 6 months or more, I've found that my sewing has fallen by the wayside.

My sewing room was a wreck, mainly because I was using it as a dumping ground, especially pre-Christmas.  That changed last week when I had an overwhelming need to sew something.


I cleaned it up then picked out some fabric and got started.  It was wonderful and soothing and relaxed me in the nicest possible way.

It was then that I decided my ironing board needed a makeover.  It's the same cover that's been on it for the last 10-15 years and has certainly seen better days.



I found some pretty fabric then got to work with scissors, wadding and my trusty sewing machine whirring away.

I still don't like ironing but I have to say it's much more pleasant now it's got a nice cover on it.



I've been working on a few smaller projects too which I will update you with when they're completed.

xx Susan

No comments: