Tuesday 5 March 2013

Yay! It's finally finished

This blanket has really been annoying me lately. I can't put my finger on why really but I've not been liking it very much.
 
 
I'm just happy that I've finally finished it and am able to start some new projects. 
 
It will certainly be nice to snuggle under on the lounge on those cold winter nights.
 

 
I think one of the reasons I didn't have a love affair with this blanket while making it is because so many people seem to be making similar ones.  I saw a picture AGES ago of one like it and thought it looked great which is why I decided to give it a go.
 
Once I was about halfway through I then realised that there were so many people in blogland making a similar one and my interest went downhill fast.
 

 
It's finished though with a thin border in purple, pink and blue.  That's the only colour yarn I had left that would make it around the whole blanket.  I think the narrow basic border looks better than a wide fancy one anyway.
 

 
Unfortunately I did the border from the wrong side and didn't notice until I was halfway through working the blue.  As it had taken hours to do until then there was no way I was pulling it apart and starting the border again.
 
 
 
It is growing on me and I'm sure I'll love snuggling under it, that's if I can get it off the kidlettes as they're already fighting over it.
 

 
So another big project is down and I've started a new one of course but much smaller than a blanket.  I'll show you when I've done a bit more.
 
xx Susan


No comments: