Saturday 12 January 2013

A little bit of random....

My days lately have been filled with decluttering and sorting.
 
I'm getting my craft room in order and going through everything to see what I do and don't need and also making sure I can find it easier.
 
 
 
I've got two bigger bookshelves from my sister that I'm FILLING with lots of crafty things.  I also realised just how much yarn I have now that I have it on display and it's much easier to get to.
 
 
 
All the plastic boxes that I had full of yarn things and fabric are now empty and everything's out where I can see it.  I figure if I can see it I'm more likely to use it up and I can think about what I'm going to do with it while I'm working on other projects.
 


On a completely different note, Patch has a favourite spot on these really hot days.  Once he's let out of his enclosure and put on the chain he goes straight to the barbeque and there he stays for most of these hot days.

I'm not sure what he's going to do when he grows a bit bigger as there's no way he'll fit under the barbeque then.
 


As the kidlettes are getting older and keeping themselves occupied in various ways, I'm able to make a little nest on my bed and get a few things done myself.

I'm still working on my blanket and hook away when I get the chance (in between checking on Master M and making sure he's not destroying something else).
 
 

I've also got some sewing on the go as well and yesterday unpicked some of it while sitting in my nest in the air conditioning.  The cricket and tennis is on so I have that on the tv and can happily spend my days pottering.

The next few days are continuing to be scorchers so the air conditioning will go on soon and the crafty indoor stuff will begin again (for kidlettes as well).

I've got some patterns and more material to cut out so I'll set that up on my bed in a little while and get to it.

Then later this afternoon we'll head out to my sister's for a swim to cool off which has been a bit of a ritual lately.  We didn't go yesterday and I got completely hounded by the kids.  I don't think I'll get away with it today, besides, I'm loving the cooling dip too.

Hope you're all having a great week.

xx Susan

No comments: