Friday 21 December 2012

Sidetracked

It's only a few days until Christmas and I still have so much to do.  I haven't even begun to think about what I need on my grocery shopping list which is just woeful organisation on my part.

So what am I doing instead of being a busy bee and getting everything ready for the big day?

Going through this of course....

 
 
My sister-in-law gave me this bag absolutely full of wool from her Mum.  There's so many different colours, textures and balls of the stuff that I'm in hooky heaven.  There's also about 20 pairs of knitting needles too so I may have to have another go at that and see if I can work it out.
 
To make me feel not as bad for being so sidetracked looking through this bag of treasures, I've been making a few little Christmas things.
 

 
Little Santa hats, stars and wreaths to go on the tree and add a bit of homemade goodness to the rest of the sparkle.
 
Of course my boy just couldn't resist......
 

 
 
I found these teeth marks and little chunk taken out of my blocking board not long ago. 
 
Have a fantastic weekend.
 
xx Susan
 
P.S. If you want to have a go at the decorations I got the Santa Hat pattern here, the Star pattern here, and the Wreath pattern here.
 
I did change my wreath pattern a little in rounds 2 and 3 but if you follow this pattern it will look great too.

No comments: