Wednesday 23 May 2012

On my hook

No, it's not a fish. Hubby is hopefully catching some of them as I type.

I've had a couple of weeks where it's been difficult to get some really good crochet time in.  Sometimes I've only been able to snatch a few minutes here and there, but I have been making a bit of progress.


I've started on a shell beanie which I saw a picture for.  I don't have a pattern so decided to use just one colour and make it up myself.  Once I get the pattern to how I like it then I'll make it in a nice soft wool, and probably change colours a few times too.  For now I'll just keep tweaking it when I get the chance. 

Hopefully I'll have it right before the end of winter so it won't have to sit in the cupboard for a year until it gets cool enough to wear it again.

Little Miss R has expressed a desire for a pair of fingerless gloves.  While we were in St Lawrence I started on the above pair with the only pattern I had.  I really don't like the pattern so I think I'll be trawling Ravelry and other blogs to see if I can find a good, easy pattern to follow.


The other project I've started recently is a baby wrap.  It's so soft and lovely and I've really enjoying going round and round making this lovely pattern.  I'm about halfway there and will have to decide soon what kind of border I'd like to put around it.

Then I suppose I'll have to find someone who's having a baby so I can give it to them!

I am of course still working on my bedspread project.  I seem to get one hexagon done at a time and then don't get the chance to work on it for a few more days (or weeks).  I'm getting there slowly and am really enjoying the whole process of making these flowery hexagons.




Hope you're all having a great week.

xx Susan

No comments: