Thursday 15 March 2012

A child's messenger bag

Well I seem to have really caught the sewing bug now.

I've just finsihed having a go at making a bag for Little Miss R in some material that I had in my stash.

Girly without being too pink and just cute.


I lined it with a lovely lemon coloured material and sewed a pocket inside it for some special treasures.

I used to be a bit of a slap happy person, just putting it together and if it was a bit messy, untidy, wonky then who cares.  I'd use the excuse that I was only learning.

I'm now taking a lot more pride in my work so I'm really LOVING the really straight stitches that I've made on this bag.  Funnily enough, it really wasn't that difficult!

..and this is the finished bag.  Not the best of photos (sorry) but you get the idea.

Master M wants one of these too only he has requested Bob the Builder in blue.

I have no idea if Bob the Builder fabric is available, if not then I may soon be scouring the internet for tutorials on how to applique!

xx Susan

No comments: